Hinged Tree Assembly Instructions
HELPFUL HINTS • Read instructions completely before you assemble your tree. The model number of your tree is printed on the side of the carton. Always use this number to identify your tree if any question arises. • Save the carton for storing your tree. • Use miniature tree lights. • Replacing burned-out bulbs will make the other bulbs last longer. • Handling the wiring and bulbs with care during packing and unpacking will prolong the life of the lighting package.
- Choose a clear, level location near a wall outlet.
- Open the tree stand and tighten the locking screws on the stand.
- Carefully insert the Bottom Section of the tree into the locked stand. (The bottom section is the one with the point.) Make sure all wires stay clear of the stand opening when joining the sections.
- Allow branches to fall into place or gently pull out and down. IMPORTANT: When adjusting branches be sure that all wires are free of branch hinges.
- Locate the stacked plugs in the tree section. Plug the stack into the extension cord on the tree pole. Do Not Separate Any Plug From the Stack.
- Plug the extension cord plug into your wall outlet. The tree section should now light up. If any lights do not light, check the plug stack for loose plugs. Also, check for broken or missing bulbs. If you find broken or missing bulbs, replace with replacement bulbs, as necessary.
- Insert the Middle Section into the top of the pole of the standing Bottom Section. Repeat Assembly Steps 4 through 6 for the Middle Section of the tree.
- Insert the tree top section into the top of the pole for the middle section. Repeat Assembly Steps 4 through 6. Plug the single plug for the top section into the top outlet of the middle section.
- Shaping: Work from branches closest to pole. Fan out branches on to the left, one to the right and one at the center of the main stem. Alternate branches so that they do not line up one behind the other. At the end of the stem, the center branch tip should extend straight out. Curve each branch slightly to provide a natural look.
- Shaping at the top: Pull down branches of the lowest layer in an even circular pattern. Repeat for each layer, working towards the top branch. Curve each branch straight up into position. Bend the top branch straight up into position.
- Top Section: Install tree top section by inserting the tree top into hole providing at the top of the pole. The tree top should conform to the rest of the tree.
- Unplug the poser strip from the wall outlet
- Unplug each section from the extension cord. Do Not Seperate Any Plug From It's Stack.
- Gently lift off the top and middle sections, and remove the bottom section from the tree stand.
- Replace the tree in its box, being careful not to damage the wire or break any bulbs.
- Store the box in a cool, dry place where the temperature does not exceed 104°F (40°C).
USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
This product employs a replaceable fuse.
- Grasp plug and remove from the rectacle or other outlet device. Do not unplug by pulling on cord.
- Open fuse cover(s). Use a small blade screwdriver to slide open fuse access cover on top of attachment plug towards blades.
- Remove fuse(s) carefully. Turn fuse holder over to remove fuse(s).
- Risk of fire. Replace fuse(s) only with 3 Amp, 120 Volt fuse (provide with product).
RISK OF FIRE: Do not replace attachment plug. The plug contains a safety device (fuse) that should not be removed. Discard product if the attachment plug is damaged. This product employs series-connected lamps. CAUTION: To reduce the risk of overheating, replace burned-out lamps promptly.
REPLACEMENT LAMPS AND FUSES
- Use only the bulb or fuse included
- Use 2.5 volt bulb for 50 or 100 light string
- Use 3.5 volt bulbs for 35 light string
- 125v, 5 amp fuse for extension cord